Please note that this online program is being retired as of December 31, 2013. Students enrolled in previous sessions will be able to finish after this date and will receive all applicable credit.
(Practicing SRA, RM Designated members must take this course.)
In addition to familiarizing you with the rigorous content and recent developments of residential applications covered in the new AQB-required qualifying education courses, you will apply market analysis and highest and best use concepts and procedures to residential examples and problems. Leave with a self-assessment that evaluates your appraisal strengths as well as determines skill areas in which to seek further knowledge.
Module 1: Review of the Appraisal Qualifications Board’s New Requirements
Module 2: Definition of The Problem, Scope of Work and Data Collection
Module 3: Data Analysis
Module 4: Land or Site Value Opinion
Module 5: Applications of the Approaches to Value
Module 6: Extracting Methods and Cost Approach Tools
- Identify the new qualifying education courses offered by the Appraisal Institute.
- Identify the impact of the 2008 qualifying education requirements on the appraisal profession.
- Identify some contemporary issues related to defining the problem and scope of work.
- Identify real estate professional organizations and their Web sites.
- Recognize the role that market analysis plays in all appraisals.
- Recognize the six-step process of market analysis.
- Identify market data that can be used to support a market value opinion.