Are you a graduate student pursuing an MSRE, MRED, or an MBA with a concentration in real estate?
If you are a graduate school candidate pursuing one of these degrees, the Appraisal Institute Master’s Degree Program could be the perfect fit for you!
Students currently enrolled in a participating university are eligible to join the AI Master’s Degree Program and become Candidates for Designation with the Appraisal Institute.
A Designation Path Made Simple
- You may have certain required courses and/or exams waived based on the coursework taken in your program! Please click here to view a comprehensive chart of waived and required courses and/or exams (based on your program’s curriculum) in order to obtain education credit towards MAI Designated membership.
- You may submit your master’s thesis or PhD dissertation to possibly satisfy the General Demonstration of Knowledge requirement for MAI Designated membership! (Note. The thesis/dissertation must meet requirements outlined in the Official Guide to the Demonstration of Knowledge Requirement: General.)
- Work completed as part of a job, internship, or thesis project may be submitted to satisfy partial hours for the Experience Requirement! (Note. The experience hours must meet Specialized Experience Credit Criteria and Procedures.)
- Did You Know? Some graduate programs allow you to complete the AI Demonstration of Knowledge requirement as credit for an independent study.
What if your program is not affiliated with AI?
Although we cannot provide you with specific equivalency credit as quickly as it is given to graduate students of programs partnered with AI, we will gladly review your coursework to determine whether any classes taken at the graduate level could count as equivalency credit towards education required for MAI Designated membership.
If you think your university would benefit from this partnership, please contact Whitney Youngs at firstname.lastname@example.org AI is continually recruiting university graduate programs to become affiliated with the AI Master’s Degree Program.
Graduate students focusing on real estate valuation can apply education and experience credits toward the requirements needed for the Appraisal Institute MAI Designated membership. Graduate students enrolled in those graduate programs affiliated with the Master’s Degree Program (see a list of participating universities by clicking here) will automatically satisfy certain educational requirements based on a similar body of knowledge as that of the Appraisal Institute (for a chart of equivalency credits for the program’s participating universities, please click here).
The following courses and/or exams are required for the MAI designation, yet many of these courses are waived based on the coursework taken in those programs affiliated with AI’s Master’s Degree Program, and at the graduate level, in general.
Credit for the Following Level I Exams (or equivalent)
The Following Course and Exam is Required
Credit for the Following Level II Exams (or Equivalent)
Benefits of MAI Designated Membership
Benefits of being a Candidate for Designation through the Master’s Degree Program include:
- No annual fees while enrolled at the participating university;
- All advantages and discounts offered to all regular Candidates, including special AI pricing on education and publications; and
- Receive Appraisal Institute periodicals The Appraisal Journal and Valuation magazine at no cost.
Those graduate students who wish to apply may contact their respective programs or complete the following application by clicking here. You may submit your application, along with proof of your enrollment in the form of a letter or transcripts, via email at email@example.com, or fax at (312) 335-4256.
If you’re current a Candidate for Designation, please contact the Master’s Degree Program’s Supervisor Whitney Youngs at (312) 335-4229 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAI Designation Requirements
In addition to successful completion of the qualified master’s degree program, all students interested in attaining the Designated membership must:
More Information for Universities
Please click here for the University Policy Manual.
Please click here for a University application.
More Information for Graduate Students
Please click here for a Student Policy Manual.
Please click here for a Candidate application.