This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on October 28, 2009.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. In addition, Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Residential Development: Valuation Trends, Issues and Challenges
October 28, 2009
1 hour 2 min
The housing market has experienced unprecedented change over the past four years resulting in significant challenges in the valuation of residential development property. This webinar will provide an overview of national housing market trends in home prices, foreclosures, interest rates, affordability, construction, inventory, and employment.
These trends will then be considered when resolving residential development valuation issues and challenges, including:
- Sales Comparison Approach
- REO/Distressed Sales
- Investor/Speculator Acquisitions
- Public Builder Acquisitions
- Builder/Developer Profit
- Discount Rates
- Equity Multiples
- Marketing/Exposure Periods
- Liquidation and Disposition Values
The webinar recording will provide valuable information to both residential and commercial appraisers, as well as other market participants.
- Brian J. Curry, MAI, SRA is Managing Director and National Practice Leader - Residential Development Specialty Group with Cushman & Wakefield Valuation and Advisory Services. He has been providing valuation and counseling services involving residential development property for over twenty-five years. He is a nationally recognized expert with regard to all types of residential development property, including detached housing, attached housing, condominium product, military re-use plans, urban redevelopment, mixed-use and master-planned communities. He has been a real estate valuation instructor with the Appraisal Institute, California Community Colleges, and the University of California San Diego.
Price: $70.00AI Price: $25.00
Plus shipping and handling if applicable