Legislative and Regulatory Update - January 2010
Bill Garber, Director of Government and External Relations, and Scott DiBiasio, Manager of State and Industry Affairs, share their insights on appraisal reform legislation pending in Congress, updates on federal agency appraisal policies, the Home Valuation Code of Conduct, and initiatives at the state level that impact the appraisal profession. The presentation includes running commentary and insights over a PowerPoint presentation.
Issues and proposals discussed, include:
- Comprehensive financial regulatory reform, including appraisal regulatory modernization
- Establishment of a new Consumer Financial Protection Agency, with rulemaking authority on appraisal independence
- Increasing the Small Business Administration appraisal threshold
- New “green” or energy efficiency appraisal requirements
- State AMC regulation
- Mandatory licensing initiatives
Please note: Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the package.
Plus shipping and handling if applicable