This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on April 21, 2010.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Mortgage Fraud and Real Estate Valuation
Date: April 21, 2010
Duration: 96 min
Learn about the mortgage fraud epidemic and its impact on the appraisal profession!
By listening to this webinar recording, you will:
- Obtain an overview of real estate fraud today, past and emerging fraud trends, where it’s occurring and major schemes being detected.
- Learn how appraisal reports containing omissions, oversights and misleading information are considered evidence of fraud.
- Hear from law enforcement officials about the most common valuation scams, the financial scope of fraud and the impact of fraud on communities.
- Gain an update on successful civil lawsuits and criminal actions involving valuation fraud.
- Spot what appraisers do (and don’t do) which can result in money judgments and prison sentences.
- Charles H. Cole Jr., HUD/OIG Appraiser, MS
- Kevin J. Whalen, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Jack Peterson, U.S. Secret Service
- Ann Fulmer, VP Business Relations, Interthinx, GA
- Kathy J. Coon, SRA, FNC Inc., TX
- Rachel Dollar, Smith Dollar PC, CA
Price: $70.00AI Price: $25.00
Plus shipping and handling if applicable