» Download Table of Contents
The Appraisal Institute is proud to present An Introduction to Green Homes, an earth-friendly initiative that provides:
- An overview of the many programs, organizations, and products that are fueling the current surge in environmentally responsible building and remodeling
- Detailed descriptions of LEED and Energy Star green home and product certification programs
- Information on popular green home products and features such as energy-efficient appliances, toxin-free flooring and insulation, and vegetated roofs
- Updates on environmental organizations that are leading the way in sustainable building, including the U.S. Green Building Council and NAHB Green
- Detailed case studies focusing on various attributes of green homes
- Insights on how green features affect the value of homes
- Methodologies that can be applied to measure this increment of home value
About the Author
Alan F. Simmons, SRPA, LEED AP, CDEI, is a real estate edu¬cation specialist working full time in teaching and course develop¬ment. He has a BA in economics from Union College and has taught in 43 states. Mr. Simmons has been the developer of Appraisal Institute courses on appraisal principles and procedures as well as eight on¬line seminars on topics including residential and commercial green building. Mr. Simmons received the 1994 Ellwood Award as “Appraiser of the Year” in the state of New York. He has served the Appraisal Institute as a chapter president and regional representative. Mr. Simmons received the 1992 George L. Schmutz Memorial Award from the Appraisal Institute for contributions to the advancement of appraisal knowledge and best technical writing. He is also a Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) and a LEED Accredited Professional (AP) through the U.S. Green Building Council.
Choose PDF, Kindle or ePub.
Choose your preferred digital format from the menu below and add to cart.