This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on October 16, 2013.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. In addition, Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Carving Out Your Legal Niche: Do’s and Don’ts of Litigation Support
Date: October 16, 2013
Duration: 2 hours
This webinar features a panel of practicing lawyers who regularly work with appraisal professionals. Orell Anderson, MAI will moderate a discussion with these experts on current issues related to real estate valuation in the legal community and how appraisers can successfully market their services to lawyers.
Presenters will discuss:
- Strategies to grow your lawyer client base for litigation assignments.
- Identifying the types of valuation work for which lawyers need appraisal expertise in today's market.
- How to successfully compete in appraisal "contests" - learn the inside warfare of the bidding process to gain more business.
- How appraisers can get the inside track on bankruptcy and other insolvency-related engagements.
- Targeting key issues appraisers must know in assignments used for legal purposes.
Orell Anderson MAI, Principal, Bell Anderson & Sanders LLC
William F. Capps, J.D., Corporate Department, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
Curtis A. Graham, J.D., Partner, Freeman Freeman & Smiley
Robert J. Miller, J.D., Partner, Bryan Cave LLP